Legal Notices & Disclaimers
|Province||Type of License||Licensee||License No.|
|Ontario||Life, Accident and Sickness||Next Benefits Inc.||36515M|
|Manitoba||Life, Accident and Sickness||Next Benefits Inc.||
|Saskatchewan||Life, Accident and Sickness||Next Benefits Inc.||07909|
|Alberta||Life, Accident and Sickness||Next Benefits Inc.||
|British Columbia||Life, Accident and Sickness||Next Benefits Inc.||LIC-2018-0011250-RO1|
Rates and benefits shown are applicable for groups with no current coverage
- All benefits terminate at age 75
- A minimum of 3 employees must be insured for all benefits except for the Health and Dental benefits, which require a minimum of 2 insured employees
- An additional load is applied to groups with only 2 participating employees in the Extended Health Care and/or Dental benefits
- A different rating structure is used on the Extended Health Care benefit for groups where more that 50% of the employees are over age 51
- Major Dental coverage requires a minimum of 3 insured employees; a minimum of 5 insured employees is required for any maximum above $750
- Both Extended Health Care and Dental include 24-month survivor benefits
- Optional Life Insurance is available
- Employees must regularly work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- All employees must have CPP and EI deducted at source; if this is not the case, please advise Next Benefits
- Group must have been in business for a minimum of 1 year
- 100% participation required by all eligible employees
- Employer must contribute a minimum of 50% towards the cost of the benefits plan
- If you currently have a benefits plan, please provide the following:
- Copy of current plan design (e.g. employee booklet), Current rates (invoice) and rate history, if available; and
- Claims experience history (if available) for the past 3 years
This is the website of Next Benefits Inc. (“Next Benefits”), a digital employee benefits platform. This website (the “Site”) permits you to obtain quotes in respect of group health benefits insurance and to configure and register for other insurance products or services. To speak to a licensed insurance professional regarding any of our insurance products or services, you may contact us at 844-683-6398, email us at email@example.com , or simply start a chat session. The terms and conditions applicable to your access to and use of the Site are set out below, as follows:
- By accessing this Site, you acknowledge these terms and conditions of use (“Terms”) and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to these terms, please discontinue accessing the Site immediately.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these terms and conditions at any time and you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates.
- The content of the Site is published by Next Benefits, an entity that is a licensed insurance broker in multiple provinces. For a full list of licenses, click here.
- This Site is only intended to provide you with general information and is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to purchase any insurance and may not be relied upon for insurance planning purposes.
- Any commentaries and information contained in the Site should not be considered personal insurance advice.
- Information on the Site is not intended to provide legal, accounting, financial or tax advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. Please consult with your professional advisor with respect to your particular circumstances.
- The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, whether expressed or implied, and including without limitation implied representations, warranties or conditions of title, non-infringement, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, performance, durability, availability, timeliness, accuracy, or completeness, all of which are hereby disclaimed by Next Benefits to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the material contained on the site is accurate at the time of publication. However, Next Benefits will not under any circumstances be liable to you or any other person in any way for any loss or damages (direct, indirect, special, economic, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary, including without limitation loss of revenue, data, anticipated profits or lost business) in respect of use of, or inability to use, or any reliance on, the Site, any of its content or links (including without limitation any inaccuracies or viruses), or any web browser or other equipment.
- By accessing the Site, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Next Benefits and its agents, suppliers and their respective directors, officers and employees from and against any and all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, liabilities, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising from or in connection with a breach of these terms and conditions or the use of this Site.
- The contents of the Site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws. Unauthorized use or exploitation of such content is strictly prohibited including without limitation, unauthorized downloading, retransmission, storage in any medium, copying, redistribution, reproduction, or republication of the Site, or any part thereof, for any purpose.
- Other sites accessed by hypertext appearing in the Site may have been independently developed by parties other than Next Benefits. Next Benefits does not guarantee the accuracy of information contained in such other sites.
- Links to other sites should not be taken as Next Benefits endorsement or approval of such other sites, the third parties named therein, or their products and services, nor is any liability assumed for incompatibility, non-suitability, viral infection or other destructive/disruptive components on or from such other sites.
- The framing, mirroring, scraping or data-mining of the Site or any of its content in any form and by any method is strictly prohibited.
- No consent or waiver by either party to, or of any breach or default by, the other party in its performance of its obligations under this agreement will be deemed or construed to be a consent to, or a waiver of, a continuing breach or default or any other breach or default of those or any other obligations of that party. No consent or waiver will be effective unless in writing.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the rest of these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of the Province of Manitoba and the laws of Canada applicable therein, excluding any conflict of laws which would lead to the application of any other laws. By accessing the Site, you hereby irrevocably submit and attorn to the provincial and federal courts located in the City of Winnipeg, in Manitoba for any disputes or matters arising from, connected with, or relating to the Site, this agreement or any related matters.
Products and Services
- Some products or services mentioned on the Site may only be available in certain areas or jurisdictions.
- Any products or services mentioned on the Site are made available in accordance with local law and only where they may be lawfully offered for sale.
- Our quote tool is for illustrative purposes, to provide employers a sense of the cost and the effect of different plan designs.
- Prices are for illustration only. Prices are not guaranteed, are subject to underwriting by an insurance company and are conditional upon approval. In some cases, more information may be requested.
- Recommendations on site do not constitute advice. Seek our professionals for advice.
- We are a broker of insurance that relies on a network of insurance companies for our plans, rather than a sole insurance agreement or product.
- Any special offers we may make are time limited according to their terms and conditions, and we reserve the right to discontinue them at any time.
- The information and descriptions contained on the Site are not intended to be complete and accurate descriptions of all terms, conditions and exclusions of any Next Benefits plan. You must look to the specific terms and conditions or agreement applicable to such specific plan. In all cases, Next Benefits insurance products and services shall be governed by the terms and conditions of the insurance policy applicable thereto.
- Next Benefits reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to change the permitted methods of payment, including without limitation, the credit cards and/or other types of payment options we are able to accept, at any time.
- This Agreement is subject to verification by Next Benefits at any time and for any reason. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity (in a form acceptable to us): (i) for the purposes of verifying the legitimacy of any information; and/or (ii) for any other reason we deem necessary, in our sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of fulfilling any Next Benefits plan purchase in accordance with our interpretation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and/or the specific terms.
- We value your visit to this Site and welcome any questions, comments or feedback you might have about this Site, these Terms or any of our products or services (“Feedback”). Please refer above or to the Contact section of this Site for phone and fax numbers and email addresses.
- If you provide Feedback, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use and commercialize the feedback in any way and for any purpose without providing any compensation to you or any other person. You also grant us the right to use the name you submit with the Feedback, if any, in connection with our rights hereunder.
- You will indemnify and save harmless Next Benefits Inc. and its affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (“Next Benefits Entities”), from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, actions, causes of action, costs and expenses that any of the Next Benefits Entities may sustain, incur, suffer or be put to at any time or times as a result of a third party claim or demand that in any way arise out of: i) your use of the Site, and/or the website content; ii) your violation of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement; iii) the infringement by you of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity; and/or iv) out of anything done or omitted to be done by yourself, your servants, employees, agents, trustees, officers, subcontractors, or members relating directly or indirectly to this Site or the website content. Next Benefits Entities retain the right to participate in the defence of and settlement negotiations relating to any third party, claim action, suit or proceeding with counsel of its own selection at its cost and expense.
As part of our commitment to treat your personal information with respect, we operate in accordance with the following ten principles (the "Principles"):
- PRINCIPLE 1 – ACCOUNTABILITY
- PRINCIPLE 2 - IDENTIFYING PURPOSES
- PRINCIPLE 3 - CONSENT
- PRINCIPLE 4 - LIMITING COLLECTION
- PRINCIPLE 5 - LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION
- PRINCIPLE 6 - ACCURACY
- PRINCIPLE 7 - SAFEGUARDS
- PRINCIPLE 8 - OPENNESS
- PRINCIPLE 9 - INDIVIDUAL ACCESS
- PRINCIPLE 10 - HANDLING COMPLAINTS AND INQUIRIES
PRINCIPLE 1 – ACCOUNTABILITY
PRINCIPLE 2 - IDENTIFYING PURPOSES
The purposes for which personal information is collected by us will be identified to you before or at the time the information is collected.
PRINCIPLE 3 – CONSENT
Personal information will only be collected, used, or disclosed with the consent of the individual, except in certain circumstances permitted or required by law. The way in which we seek consent may vary depending upon the sensitivity of the information. We will seek express consent in cases where the personal information involved is considered sensitive, such as income or health information.
Typically, we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of personal information at the time of collection. However, additional consent will be sought after the personal information has been collected, if it is required for a new purpose.
In certain circumstances, obtaining consent would be inappropriate. The federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and provincial privacy laws provide for exceptions where it is impossible or impractical to obtain consent.
PRINCIPLE 4 - LIMITING COLLECTION
The personal information collected by us shall be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified to you.
PRINCIPLE 5 - LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION
We will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required or permitted by law. Subject to any applicable business, legal, or regulatory requirements, we will ensure that the personal information is destroyed in a secure manner, erased, or made anonymous when it is no longer required to fulfil the purposes we have identified to you.
PRINCIPLE 6 – ACCURACY
We shall make every reasonable effort to ensure your personal information is maintained in an accurate, complete and up-to-date form.
PRINCIPLE 7 - SAFEGUARDS
We shall utilize industry standard security safeguards to protect your personal information.
PRINCIPLE 8 - OPENNESS
PRINCIPLE 9 - INDIVIDUAL ACCESS
Upon your request, we shall inform you of (i) the type of personal information we have collected, (ii) how we have used your personal information, and (iii) whether we have disclosed your personal information to any third parties. Individuals may verify the accuracy and completeness of their personal information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate.
There may be circumstances where we are unable to provide access to all of your personal information. We may deny access for legally permissible reasons, such as situations where the information contains references to other individuals and is not reasonably severable, or where it cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons. We will advise the individual of any reason for denying an access request.
When an individual successfully demonstrates the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information held by us, we will correct or update the information as required. Please note that before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies we will ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
PRINCIPLE 10 - HANDLING COMPLAINTS AND INQUIRIES
Individuals may direct any questions or inquiries with respect to the Principles or about our information handling practices by contacting:
Next Benefits Inc.
Suite 306-1 Wesley Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3C 4C6
Phone:1 (844) 683-6398
Specific Handling Practices - Why We Gather Personal Information
At Next Benefits, we gather and use personal information to:
- administer, arrange and maintain the products and services you may request;
- authenticate, process and adjudicate (make determinations) benefit claims;
- verify your identity and investigate your personal background for insurance purposes;
- evaluate and underwrite insurance risk, and to determine your eligibility for insurance and non-insurance products that we offer;
- understand our customers, and prospective customers’ needs, and to offer products and services to meet those needs;
- conduct credit checks on prospective corporate customers (but not individuals) and meet legal requirements;
- communicate with you and respond to any special needs or enquiries you may have;
- provide you with offers or information about other products and services that might benefit you;
- provide you with marketing offers from our third-party partners;
- allow our third-party partners to contact you with marketing offers about employee benefits;
- help us better manage our business and your relationship with us;
- de-identify your information and use it to compile statistics;
- investigate and detect potentially fraudulent or questionable activities regarding your benefit plan(s);
- evaluate or complete an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger or amalgamation of our business;
- coordinate with your employer to set up, change or administer your employee benefit plan;
- work with industry partners to underwrite, adjudicate or insure our suite of products;
- use as required or permitted by law.
Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed in jurisdictions outside of Canada. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. We only use personal information for the purposes that we have disclosed to you. If for any reason your information is required to fulfill a different purpose, we will obtain your consent before we proceed.
Types of Information We Collect
The type of personal information we may ask for depends on and is related to the reason (or purpose) such personal information was provided to us. For instance, for the purposes of managing your benefits plan, we will collect information in respect of, and for the purposes, of processing your claim. In addition to the foregoing, the following is a description of the type of personal information that we may ask for:
- telephone number;
- residential address;
- email address;
- date of birth;
- employer name;
- details about your occupation;
- date, time, frequency and details in respect of claims made for medical or other benefit appointments;
- prescription information;
- banking and bank account information;
- information with respect to dependents covered by your employer’s benefit plan;
- pre-existing medical conditions as they relate to products being purchased;
- chat and messaging transcripts when you use our instant chat applications; and
- information related to your browsing, purchasing and online behaviour and activities (see our policy on How We Collect Information Through Technological Means below).
The choice to provide us with your personal information, either directly or through a third-party, is always yours. However, your decision to withhold particular information may limit our ability to provide you with the services or products you requested.
How We Collect Such Personal Information
We may gather such personal information from you in person, via the Internet, via email, over the telephone or by corresponding with you via mail, facsimile, or from third parties who have your authority to disclose such personal information to us such as:
- government agencies and registries, law enforcement authorities and public records;
- any healthcare professional, medically-related facility, pharmacy, insurance company, or other person who has knowledge of your information;
- your employer;
- other insurance companies;
- other third-party service providers, agents, brokers and other organizations with whom you make arrangements;
- references you have provided; and
- persons authorized to act on your behalf under a power of attorney or other legal authority.
WHILE WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT EVERY THIRD PARTY WHO DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US HAS YOUR CONSENT TO DO SO, IF YOU BELIEVE THAT A THIRD PARTY HAS INAPPROPRIATELY DISCLOSED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, PLEASE CONTACT THAT THIRD PARTY. IF THEY DO NOT ADEQUATELY RESPOND TO YOUR INQUIRIES, PLEASE LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY.
How We Collect Information Through Technological Means
When you visit Next Benefits websites, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser. This information may include your domain name, and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other information, such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request.
We use this information to better understand how visitors use our websites, and to improve our websites to better meet your needs. The amount of information that is sent by your web browser depends on the browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this.
Next Benefits may use "cookies" and other similar devices on its websites to enhance functionality and provide more relevant offers for products and services. These devices may track information which includes, but is not limited to: (i) IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system used; (iii) the pages of the website visited. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how. If you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some features on Next Benefits websites.
Use of Site by Minors
Our websites are not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through our website.
When Information May Be Disclosed to Outside Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- to other insurance companies, other financial institutions and health organizations;
- to any health-care professional, medically-related facility, insurance company or other person who has knowledge of your personal Information;
- to administrators, service providers, reinsurers and prospective insurers and reinsurers of our insurance operations, as well as their administrators and service providers for these purposes;
- in response to a court order, search warrant or other demand or request, which we believe to be valid;
- to meet requests for information from regulators, including self-regulatory organizations of which we are a member or participant, to satisfy legal and regulatory requirements applicable to us;
- to appropriate public health authorities.
- to our employees, suppliers, agents and other organizations that perform services for you or for us or on our behalf;
- when we buy or sell all or part of our businesses or when considering such transactions;
- to help us collect a debt or enforce an obligation owed to us by you; and
- to our third-party insurance and non-insurance partners, who wish to provide you with marketing offers and emails about employee benefits that may be available to you;
- to our third-party insurance and non-insurance partners whose plans or programs you may have enrolled in, for the purposes of administering those plans;
- where permitted by law.
If we disclose personal information to our service providers, we require our service providers to agree to contractual requirements that are consistent with applicable privacy laws. We prohibit our service providers from using personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it to them.
The type of information we are legally required to disclose may relate to criminal investigations or government tax reporting requirements. In some instances, such as a legal proceeding or court order, we may also be required to disclose certain information to authorities. Only the information specifically requested is disclosed and we take precautions to satisfy us that the authorities that are making the request have legitimate grounds to do so.
There are some situations where we are legally permitted to disclose personal information such as employing reasonable and legal methods to enforce our rights or to investigate suspicion of illegal activities.
How We Safeguard Your Information
We use industry standard technologies and maintain current security standards to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration or misuse.
Electronic files which contain personal information are kept in a highly secured environment with restricted access. Paper-based files are stored in a secure area and access is also restricted.
We manage our server environment appropriately and our firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to. Our security practices are reviewed on a regular basis and we routinely employ current technologies to ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of your information is not compromised.
Our web site uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and 128-bit encryption technologies to enhance security when you visit the secured areas of these sites. SSL is the industry standard tool for protecting and maintaining the security of message transmissions over the Internet. When you access your account(s) or send information from secured sites, encryption will scramble your data into an unreadable format to inhibit unauthorized access by others.
To safeguard against unauthorized access to your account(s), you are required to "login" with a user name and a password to certain secured areas of the Next Benefits website. Both user id and password are encrypted when sent over the Internet. If you are unable to provide the correct password, you will not be able to access these sections.
When you call our customer-service centre you will be required to verify your identity by providing some personally identifying information as well as your group number and client id.
In the course of daily operations, access to private, sensitive and confidential information is restricted to authorized employees who have a legitimate business purpose and reason for accessing it. For example, when you call us, our designated employees will access your personal information to verify who you are and to assist you in fulfilling your requests. As a condition of their employment, all employees of Next Benefits are required to abide by the privacy standards we have established. Employees are informed about the importance of privacy and they are required to agree to standard business practice policies that prohibit the disclosure of any individual's information to unauthorized individuals or parties. Unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of personal information by an employee of Next Benefits is strictly prohibited. All employees are expected to maintain the confidentiality of personal information at all times and failing to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal.
Accessing and Amending Your Information
You have the right to access, verify and amend the information held in your personal files. You may access and verify any of your information by calling our customer contact centre at 1 (844) 683-6398.
To help us keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to amend inaccuracies and make corrections as often as necessary. Despite our efforts, errors sometimes do occur. Should you identify any incorrect or out-of-date information in your file(s), we will make the proper changes. Where appropriate, we will communicate these changes to other parties who may have unintentionally received incorrect information from us.
Questions, Concerns and Complaints
If you have a question, concern or complaint about privacy, confidentiality or the personal information handling practices of Next Benefits, our employees or service suppliers, please contact:
Next Benefits Inc.
Suite 306-1 Wesley Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3C 4C6
Phone:1 (844) 683-6398
Before Next Benefits is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will endeavor to respond within an appropriate timeframe.